Get QVC and HSN over the air.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GeorgeB

GeorgeB

Administrator

• 190 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

QVC Over The Air is the result of a partnership between QVC and Ion Media Networks formed in 2013. QVC is carried on the 5th digital sub-channel on most Ion TV owned and operated stations. The new service began broadcasting in August 2013.

Though it's technically a separate broadcast with it's own lower right corner "on-screen bug", QVC Over The Air features the exact same live programming as its cable cousins. The channel is carried on digital sub-channels in select locations.

Larger list on the QVC Wikipedia page in the side bar under Terrestrial.

HSN Over The Air

HSN over the air has it's own channel finder where you can enter your 6 digit zip code and find local broadcast stations in your area.

OTA Antenna: Mohu Leaf (signal to all home TVs via Motorola Signal Booster)
Streaming Devices: Roku 3, Roku 2, WDTV Live Hub (1TB w/ wireless N adapter), D-Link MovieNite
Game Consoles: Playstation 4, xBox One, xBox 360,Wii

#2 AB9100

AB9100

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yeah i get those station too.

However. i think they are a waste of space. They are basically like watching telemarketers. Who want's to watch that all day? Not me. I would rather have some quality television shows in those slots.

However. I do respect their business savvy. The are just trying increase sales. It is genius to offer those stations over the air. That way they reach more potential buyers. That is what their trying to do anyway. I is not like they get any commercial ad revenue on those stations.

Cut the Cord!