REPORT: Here’s Why People Say They Still Pay For Cable Television

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by LeoIrish, Aug 4, 2016.

1. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    http://exstreamist.com/report-heres-why-people-say-they-still-pay-for-cable-television/

I understand someone paid for the report in the hopes of better understanding why people do or do not do a certain thing. But, at what point is any of this a surprise? This is like the silly report from a few years ago advising most members of one gender think differently than the other (my wife and I could have done the study for free!).

Ok - back to this study - does this surprise anyone? Do your experiences differ from what the study shows? Personally, it pretty much hit it on the mark for us.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. njmurvin

njmurvin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2016
    For years I had the full DirecTV package and enjoyed about 10% of what it offered. I'm male and enjoy sports (but not a fanatic). I will probably miss the Lakers if they ever manage to come back. I get enough of the other sports via OTA networks and Sling (ESPN, TBS, TNT, etc.).

I finally got fed up with my customer loyalty being rewarded with price increases while new subscribers were being wooed by crazy incentives that I didn't have access to. And, I wasn't about to sit on hold for 30 minutes just to beg for discounts or freebies.

Double D and LeoIrish like this.
  4. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I love the freedom (and savings) I have now since I cut the cord. One of the biggest pains was having a 2-tuner DVR, and everyone wanting time in front of it to watch his or her show. Even worse was when three shows were on we wanted to record, or one of the shows ran over by 1 minute (or delayed because of something else occurring). Now, I just wait until they record the next day for the broadcast network shows, or for them to appear on one of the streaming services.

I will admit to being a big college football fan, but at least I have a way to watch them when I want to subscribe to something.