Netflix Subscribers Are Suing Netflix

Discussion in 'Netflix' started by LeoIrish, Jul 3, 2016.

1. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Lost in Delaware likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lost in Delaware

Lost in Delaware Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2016
    I remember that a long long time....I think I may have canceled and signed back up after that.

No matter what, it still annoys me that people are so petty.

It's a luxury, not a necessity like food, gas, rent, medical, etc

If people are upset about 2 bucks a month, cancel your service. Or buy one less Starbucks or DD coffee each month.

I have seen people try to strangle businesses on pricing before, and the same thing always seems to happen when they get their way and the prices stay pat....the company goes out of business eventually because they can't maintain service at the old rates

4. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    A perfect example of that was a cd trading company I used back in the early 2000s.

After a couple of years, they put it out to the customers if they would accept a minimal maintenance fee per transaction (the service was free at that time, and they moderated all trades as a 3rd party, including taking ownership of issues).

They explained that they couldn't keep going with the current business model, but the cheap bastards whined and moaned about having to pay anything at all...so the company folded and people to this day still miss the site.

LeoIrish likes this.
  5. LeoIrish

Mar 28, 2015
    The $2 per month really does not bother me as I am sure the next cable price increase would dwarf it. I was just curious to see if anyone had the wording for reference. Don't get me wrong - I would always prefer to spend less - but I still think Netflix is worth having at the higher price.

6. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    Just to clarify, I wasn't saying you were being petty..lol

I know you were just relaying the news and asking a question

7. DustnBones001

DustnBones001 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    I hate price increases as much as anyone but the increase with Netflix wasn't anything that huge I believe it was only $2 more. Still any service states in their TOS they are allowed to change the price at any given time. It sucks yes but its the way it goes. Though I do wonder if this guy knew they do offer a plan with the traditional $7.99 a month sure you have to settle for SD and one stream at a time but the option is there.

Personally I am more bugged that the price increase seems to do with their original content. While I do like some of their original shows I would much rather see some new movies and tv shows on the service.

8. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016

Some of their original programming has been quite good, but I agree that it's just a shame they are cutting back on their selection of movies and tv shows to do so.

9. LeoIrish

Mar 28, 2015
    I am wondering if the deal with CW is a step towards becoming more aggressive again - at least selectively.

10. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
  11. LeoIrish

Mar 28, 2015
    I have been waiting for the deal to start - I really like the idea of waiting until they show up no Netflix versus going to the movies.

12. olandir

olandir Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I hate price increases that don't make sense. As long as it makes sense, I'm fine with it. Netflix has gotten better over the years, the content has gotten better and their original content, I believe, is the best out there by far. So a $2 rate increase for all that doesn't bother me.

To me that's more inflation than anything else. Prices do sometimes go up just because of standard inflation over the years.

Netflix knows they are a luxury service (despite their popularity) so they're not going to jack up the prices just for no reason. They are aware that there is competition and competition helps keep prices fair and reasonable. So I'm fine with it.