IS THIS POSSIBLE OR AM I CRAZY?

Discussion in 'Help & Resources' started by P Hunter, Aug 30, 2017.

1. P Hunter

P Hunter New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Good people of the forum I need help. I want to use my existing coax that runs through my house for OTA to different tvs. Currently I have satellite and ISP via cable company Spectrum. They both use the same smart panel, but none of them use the ON-Q device in the panel. My question is if I place an antenna in my attic and use a splitter to input from the antenna and output to the existing coax jack in the attic and take that coax cable from the attic and use it as an input into the ON-Q device in the smart panel, can I then connect the coax that the dish is currently using, meaning take off their splitters and use the raw wires, and connect them to the On-Q output to send the OTA to other rooms?

PHunter
    Any advice is good advice even stupid advice

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I can only answer in that my brother used the existing cable in his house to run the OTA reception to all rooms in his house. I asked him about your question, and he begged off because he was not sure what an "ON-Q" device is. Sorry.

4. P Hunter

P Hunter New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Sorry, On-Q is a splitter it is has 1 input and like 8 outputs

5. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Based upon what he did before, he thinks it should work as he used a splitter as well.