Cell phone TV apps

Discussion in 'Over The Air (Antenna) TV' started by charahome, Dec 20, 2013.

1. charahome

charahome Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I have an android, and i was looking through the apps and saw TV apps.

The are available to watch network apps. I downloaded one and found they had a few shows, not much content to keep my interest.
    it was called MOBI TV>

Do any of you use cell phone tv apps. If you do, any that are good and have a vast amount of available shows and variety?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tara

Tara Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I downloaded the TV app Crackle. It came highly recommended, but I couldn't find anything that I wanted to watch. TV.com is supposed to be a good one too, but I haven't tried that one yet.

4. smlewis00

smlewis00 Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I also have an android and I have tried the app Crackle. There were rave reviews about it, but I really didn't enjoy the app. The majority of the shows did not interest me, but perhaps they have shows you would be interested in watching? It is worth a try.

5. pandandesign

pandandesign Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I do subscribe the Mobile TV app on my smartphone, which costs me $9.99 each month. There are a good amount of TV shows and movies that I really like. In fact, it's the only app that I get to know some of the good shows because I wouldn't have known if I don't stream video using this app. It offers full-length TV shows and movies, plus live TV that I often watch on it when I have free time.

6. sidd230

sidd230 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    On iOS, i found this great app called cartoon HD. I can stream all shows completely free and they are usually very high quality.

7. AB9100

AB9100 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    I use Crackle too.

But not on my Smart phone. I just don;t see the need for it. It is extremely impractical. Why on on would i watch tv on a tiny smart phone screen, when i have 3 HD televisions in my home. I would never choose my phone over them, so what is the point?

Not to mention that you have to hold the phone up to your eyes the entire time. That gets's annoying, and physically challenging after about 20 minutes. I enjoy my movies better on a big screen

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I have the Fox television app. I'm usually not free when a couple of my favorite shows come on so I just watch it on the app. I really like Gotham and Sleepy Hollow. Two great shows and most of the newer episodes are available for free.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    I use ShowBox! It is definitely my favourite app for watching movies & shows and it is completely free!
    Lately it had some problems with buffering but it is still a great app!
    Also Popcorn Time is a great runner up, and it is sometimes much more responsive than ShowBox.

10. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Check to see if they have popcornflix for Android. I like this one better than Crackle. I have this on my iPhone, and but I don't use it often.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Of all the TV apps I've used, I don't think I've found many of them to be much good if I'm honest, probably showbox and mobdro are about the best. These are the 2 I've got downloadedon the android tablet anyway.

As for using these kind of apps on the phone, I've never really seen the point. The screen is small, the sound isn't the best even through the headphones and if your not on Wi-Fi it eats all your data if your on a data capped plan.

12. jamiew23

jamiew23 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2015
    I've out a few also but none of them seem that good. I didn't like watching shows on such a small screen also! I don't mind 4 minute youtube videos but a full length show was just too much for me.

13. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    The app for streaming that I use most on my Android phone is crackle.