Antenna decisions

Discussion in 'Over The Air (Antenna) TV' started by elweezo, Jun 1, 2015.

1. elweezo

elweezo Member

Jun 1, 2015
    I live about 25 miles outside Atlanta and I am gonna cut the cord. I want the proccess to be as painless as possible so I want to get the best antenna I can. Is there a way to et too much antenna? I am gonna do a rooftop and I am thinking directional since ATL is east of me. Any recommendations?
    Thanks
    Mike

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. elweezo

elweezo Member

Jun 1, 2015
    HERE IS MY READOUT

Attached Files:

4. Rob Lister

Rob Lister Staff Member Community Leader

Mar 31, 2015
    I don't know if there's a better one but I'm very happy with my Channel Master:
    http://www.channelmaster.com/Digital_HDTV_Outdoor_TV_Antenna_p/cm-4221hd.htm

It looks like you could point it WNW and get almost everything that is green. Maybe even a few yellow and pink ones. I know I can get everything that is above -90db on a clear day and mine is mounted in a second story attic closet. I was using an amp but as it turned out, the amp actually degraded my reception a bit.

That said, you'll be amazed at how many of those channels are pure unwatchable crap. :)

5. drestauro

drestauro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Here is step by step guide I put together on installing the Mohu Sky. I put it on my roof and picked up anything with a positive noise margin. Worked like a charm. It should get you the greens and yellows easily, maybe even a few reds.

6. elweezo

elweezo Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Thanks Rob and Dennis!.. Rob, I can imagine some of those garbage stations LOL.. Tons of them on my dish too.. Dennis, my wife like the "look" of that Mahu and even though it is pricey.. Ease of use is well worth not turning the antenna.. I do want to ak you, it says it is lightning resistant.. Did you run a ground wire from the mast to the ground pole? I have no problem with the coaxial grounding block but would be easier if I did not run a mast ground..
    Thanks
    Mikeh