5 Things Only Cord Cutters Understand

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by LeoIrish, Aug 14, 2016.

1. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    http://cordcuttersnews.com/5-things-cord-cutters-understand/

1) I usually do not watch more than one episode of a series at a setting, but being able to immediately watch the next episode is great when an episode really leaves me hanging.

2) Yes, there are some great shows from the streaming services, but there are also some great ones on the broadcast / cable tier / premium cable networks. At least for us, one of the great aspects of cutting the cord is my family finding new shows on the services we do pay for (Amazon / Hulu / Netflix), which they missed when they first aired. I always suggest to go through the catalogues and find shows / movies which might interest you.

3) This part is one of my most favorite aspects of the cord cutting world. I only subscribe to Starz and HBO once per year to watch the shows which interest me, then I cancel the subscription. I see no reason to continue paying for a service when we are really not making use of it. As an example, why spend $15 every month for HBO if all you are really interested in is GoT?

4) I also love this part. We do record our broadcast network shows we watch daily, but we are no longer fighting for the one TV with the DVR to watch them. Not only are we making our money back from not having a DVR - and the fee for the right to use the DVR, we can watch our recorded shows wherever we want.

5) I hate commercials! I was watching the Olympics on NBC yesterday (the first live broadcast I have watched in a long time), and I forgot not only how annoying most commercials are, but the length of time they take to watch. I love not being forced to watch commercials now.

One of the other great aspects of cutting the cord are forums such as this to find assistance on how to do things. Reading the path others took, and their experiences, definitely helped me when moving forward to cutting the cord.

Double D likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rob Lister

Rob Lister Staff Member Community Leader

Mar 31, 2015
    It has been almost a year and a half since we have had cable. Last night, the wife wanted to watch the Olympics. I dutifully switched my source to Antenna and picked it up perfectly. She could endure no more than 30 minutes before complaining, "Oh My God! It's all commercials? What's up with all the commercials? Put it back on Netflix, I want to watch Penny Dreadful."

OTOH, here are five things Cord Cutters don't understand
    1) Tide has once again become New and Improved.
    2) Geico can save you 15 percent or more on your car insurance.
    3) There are dozens of new drugs for dozens of weird diseases.
    4) Axe body spray will get you gang raped.
    5) that knowing all of the above costs only $100 a month.

Double D and LeoIrish like this.
  4. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015